Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Spring in Ithaca

Urge and urge and urge,
Always the procreant urge of the world.
Out of the dimness opposite equals advance, always substance and increase, always sex,
Always a knit of identity, always distinction, always a breed of life...
JOY! I celebrate myself and sing myself.
Walt Whitman, Song of Myself
Do you feel the urge of new growth welling up inside you? Are the seeds you planted preparing to burst into bloom? Are you filled with wonder and anticipation at the coming of spring?

In Ithaca trees are budding, daffodils are bravely poking their heads up ready to bloom, green shoots appear everywhere, chipmunks are out, birds are gobbling food like there is no tomorrow... and it is still cold, windy, rainy with occasional flakes of snow. I'm impatient... with the weather... and with the extended gestation period of the seeds I have planted and cultivated. Personal growth and change has its own cycle, its own season. But I can feel the stirrings, the new insights, ideas, plans. Something is beginning to uncoil and break open. Something vital and alive. We don't often pay attention to what is happening just below the surface, in the darkness. I trust it... and I'm just plain impatient! The urge is upon me...

What is ready to spring forth in your life? What do you see emerging around you? What's going on just below the surface? What do you want to create in this season of fertility?

No comments:

Post a Comment